Feb 3, 2010

Percy and the Olympians fun and easy read

Recently, I've been seeing previews for the new movie Percy and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. The preview looked really good and I remember a friend telling me about the book and being a person who doesn't like to read the book after the fact, I went and picked it up. The first thing you should know is that the reading level is for like 10-15. That didn't really phase me, some of the best books are for young adults. Look at Harry Potter. I found myself proven right. The Lightning Thief was a great read! It didn't feel like I was dumbing myself down to read it. The only young adult theme was that Percy was 12 and there was no sexuality or vulgarity, which is fine by me. Another thing was the the huge elements of Greek mythology. I LOVE Greek mythology so this book was right up my alley. The action sequences were quick but plentiful, and Rick Riordan's twist upon one of my favorite subjects was really interesting. The book was great. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes Greek mythology, a quick read, or just doesn't want to be out of the loop in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment