Jan 31, 2011

Rihanna makes me want to punch her in the face

So I very rarely critique music, usually because very few artists are worthy of critiquing, however I'll make an exception for Rhianna.
When Rihanna first came out I genually liked her, she was catchy and cute with an ok voice. Since then my opinion has changed. While driving home from school today, I was unfortunate enough to listen to Rihanna's newest crowd pleaser "S&M."
Where to begin? First of all, I don't think there was a single real instrument in the ENTIRE song. Everything was synthesized and computer created, including her voice.
Second, for a woman that doesn't like getting punched in the face, you sure sing a lot about wanting to get punched in the face! Honestly, every song she has released in the past year has included some form of wanting to get beat up. This song includes the stunning lyrics
Cause I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it
Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it
Sticks and stones may break my bones
But chains and whips excite me

Really Rihanna? Really? Why'd you break up with Chris Brown? Eh???
Not to mention its just one more awful song that pollutes the minds of anyone listening to it. It's not bad enough that every rapper sings about how women are bitches and hos but now you have to sing about how girls should let their men beat them up.
Fail, Rihanna, fail. Go back to Barbados and stop polluting my radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment