Feb 10, 2011

Amy Adams the only bright spot in The Fighter

I would say that I was mildly interested in seeing The Fighter. I'm all for a good feel good sports movie but not only was the movie so not feel good, it wasn't remotely good either. The Fighter was a long and painful drag through a half decent fighter's troubles.

First of all, I don't know why this movie was being made about Micky Ward. He was a fighter that in every fight got the crap pummeled out of him and then he rebounded. That's not a miracle story, that's just an idiot.

Second, I'm not really sure this movie was about him since it focused more on his AWFUL family. His crack head loser brother, his manipulative mother, and his trailer trash sisters. And he who was too stupid to know any better until his girlfriend forced him to.

Third, Amy Adams was the only good part about this movie. She was funny and probbly the only real comic relief in the movie, since you were really just laughing at how pathetic Christian Bale was. I'll say it, I laughed really hard when Amy Adams started beating the crap out of Micky's sisters. They had it coming the whole time.

This movie would have been so much better if it was about an hour shorter and actually focused on the fighter instead of his sad sack brother. Save the eight bucks and skip this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment